Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Doctor Doctor

So I went to the doctor last Thursday and he confirmed exactly what I have been telling people: I was pregnant and about five weeks along. I was kind of nervous because the conversation the night before and the morning of was all about miscarriages, in utero tumors, false positives, etc. Everything went off without a hitch however and this doctor made me feel relieved. He has probably the best bedside manner I have ever come in contact with aside from my doctor in Post Falls. The crappy part is this new guy doesn't deliver babies. Sucky! This is exactly why I went to him in the first place. He told me that no one in the office delivers anymore and I'm going to have to go elsewhere. My excitement went down a bit when he told me that because I have no idea where to go. Dr. gave me some suggestions but I hate that whole not-knowing thing. The cool thing is our new intern at work told me that her mom is a pediatrician at Valley (where I will be giving birth) and she had some suggestions for delivery doctors as well. All this put me at ease because I will potentially go to her for the new baby checkups.

As for the rest of me, I have morning sickness all day and all night. I've been waking up in the middle of the night sick to my stomach. No vomiting but really close to that. I have to have something in my stomach all the time which is hard for me because I don't eat very often. Worse now that during my first pregnancy. I'm going to have to change a lot this time, more than last because I feel that things have changed so much between now and then that it is harder this time around. I'm sure it will be fine. We are all really excited but I'm counting down the days until the first trimester is over and this sickness will be gone. 10 weeks.....9 weeks.....8 weeks.....

No comments: